Sunday, October 11, 2009

Five Sons To the Navy

I randomly stumbled upon this site while procrastinating all the housework that needs to be tended to, & thought I would share. I remember my dad telling me about these boys, & even watching an old movie about it, but this letter just brings it to a whole other realm. It broke my heart. I can't even imagine what she felt, a mother who gave all five of her sons to the Navy, only to lose all of them at once. Amazing how He seems to put things into perspective just when we need it most..

Not sure about the whole copyright thing, so I'll just post a link.

You can find her letter to President Roosevelt here.

1 comment:

  1. There's a song about it- it's called "Sullivan" and the band is Caroline's Spine. If you can't find it, I have it...

    ReplyDelete