Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I can't believe it's November already! Maybe that's partly because it was in the upper 80's on Halloween & today all of a sudden it's in the 60's. Not that I'm complaining, hoodie weather is the best! So Halloween has come & gone, Shelbye has a big stash of candy, & Chop is glad I'm not making him wear that costume anymore. Shelbye was a batterina, & Chase was a spider. Ohhhh the spidey cuteness! Other than Georgia losing to Florida (& the ensuing trash talk that comes from living so close to Jax), it was an awesome day. We hung out at a friend's house & trick or treated with her & her boys. Good times.

My English final came back & the dog tags worked! My final grade for the class is an A. I couldn't be happier. One class down, three to go. For this semester anyway. My math midterm is this week, & my two other classes will be over by Thanksgiving.

Today starts a new week, a much better week. A week that isn't filled with being anxious & stressed over things I can do nothing about. A week that's filled with counting blessing & not focusing on the things that are difficult. A week full of Halloween candy, pumpkin stuff, & Chop kisses. Last week was much rougher than I'd like to admit, but it's a new week, & that means seven days to do things better than I did last week, & that we're seven days closer to my love coming home. It's going to be a good week.

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34).

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart’” (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

1 comment:

  1. Halloween candy and slobbery baby kisses. Life doesn't get much better then that!

    ReplyDelete