Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ta da!

Dave has been gone one month today. If you count a month as in from date to date rather than four weeks, which was actually a few days ago. Sunday, to be exact. Not that I'm counting or anything.. I still can't say when he'll be home of course, OPSEC & all. I think it's okay to say that our halfway night dinner is coming up. There are a lot of things you realize during a deployment, & the one that always hits me hardest is that even our worst day when we're together is better than my best day without him.


In happier news, I've gotten a few grades back. Call the dog tags chiche' if you will, but I'm telling you friend, they work! My math midterm was last Thursday. Chop had commandeered his daddy's tags & chain, so I found the single loose tag that's kept in my jewelry box & stashed it in the back pocket of my jeans. I was on the verge of hyperventilating the whole time I was taking the test. Math is not my strong suit. I kinda suck at it to be honest. I left knowing I'd completely bombed it. My professor emailed the class tonight to let us know he'd graded them & posted our scores. I thought I could check it out all by myself, but when the site pulled up, I seriously thought my heart might stop. I had to turn off the screen & call Jen to be "with" me. Because that makes total sense, rightttt? No. It turned out to be anxiety over nada - I got an 89! Whoo hoooo! Jen got so excited with me, both of us were screaming & I thought for sure she was about to go into labor. My research paper for philosophy almost drive me insane because I went back & forth over just the right topic for weeks & still ended up having to ask for an extension (although that was due to things unrelated to my procrastination) & wrote the entire thing the night before it was due. I got my grade back for that last night - 9 out of 10! I'm starting to see that I stress a lot over school stuff that I really shouldn't stress that much over. I spend too much time coming up with the perfect answer, or paper, or response, when yes, thought is required, but it's not something to completely wig out over.

My philosophy & psych classes will be over next weekend. So weird to think of how quickly the semester has passed & yet this patrol has gone by sooooo slow. I registered for next semester's classes this week. The next algebra, human biology, & medical terminology. I wish I could do more prereqs, but until I knock out the rest of my math prereqs, I can't take the other requirements - chemistry & such. Seems like this college gig may take a little longer than I'd thought..

We're making Thansgiving plans around here. It'll be our first Thanksgiving without Dave, but we're still doing it up. My dad has bought a smoker & we have BIG plans for it, involving a turkey & a ham. I've invited some fellow boat wives over so it should by a lively good time. Lotsss of food. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see your happy post! Congratulations on making it a month AND your grades AND getting to have a smoked ham AND turkey in your future. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete